Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Online Programmer- Games Studio – Midlands
Location: Derby, United Kingdom Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: #23259 Posted: 1 year ago
As an Online Programmer you will be working closely with the game development team. You’ll also work with members from the online team to implement various services and third party solutions into the game.
Our clients team is a small, tightly knit group of developers who strive to build impressive multiplayer games. Their programmers tend to be multi-disciplinary developers who push the boundaries to deliver that goal.
- Improve and maintain existing online service integrations.
- Improve and maintain existing platform integrations.
- Be a main contact point for everything related to online systems.
- Liaise and work with the project-agnostic online team.
- Solve problems encountered along the way.
- Write extensible, stable, efficient code.
- Improve as an individual.
- Help others.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other relevant experience.
- Extensive industry experience.
- Previously worked on an Unreal Engine 4 title in a programming role.
- Prior experience with integrating online services
- Have a strong grasp of C++, software design, programming and debugging.
- Ability to communicate with a multidisciplinary team.
- A strong desire to overcome difficult hurdles.
- A strong desire to learn new skills.
- A methodical mind and the ability to think outside the box.
- A strong work ethic with a willingness to learn and constantly improve
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communicator with the ability to articulate systems and ideas effectively
- Ideally has prior work with the Unreal Engine ‘Online Subsystem’
- Unreal Engine 4 experience in a professional environment.
- Experience programming multiplayer games in Unreal Engine 4.
- Shipped a commercial multiplayer game.
- Experience writing game code with tight performance constraints.
- Experience writing optimized code in Unreal Engine 4.
Categories: Programming , Technical