This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Game Studio
OPM have partnered with a major AAA Games Developer with studios in both Europe and North America. The most recent expansion of the group now boasts a studio in the North of the UK.
They are known for the high quality of their programming team and as such you would be working with some of the very best in the industry.
OPM’s client is looking for a talented Online Programmer to join development on their upcoming title.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of C/C++.
- Bachelor's degree(s) in Computer Science or associated discipline.
- Good professional experience in game development.
- Good experience working with common web technologies such as ajax, js, html.
- Good experience working with databases and large datasets.
- Good experience working with multithreaded systems.
- Strong math skills.
- Deep passion for gaming and games development.
- Design interfaces for programmers to implement online and multiplayer features.
- Cache and emulate server logic on client side to keep interfaces simple.
- Optimise for client CPU and memory usage with real-time requirements.
- Optimise for server performance including call aggregation, protocol definitions and database queries.
- Design architecture of online and multiplayer engine layer of the code.
- Implement online and multiplayer systems.
- Build tools to populate servers with data.
- Platform abstract PC and console online and multiplayer systems.
- Abstract online versus offline implementations of systems.
- Design custom web services together with technology providers located off-site.
- Translate design requests of online game features into technical specifications.
- Mentor junior programmers in daily activities, giving guidance and review work.
- Plan tasks for the online programming team together with the producer, considering long-term company objectives and short-term design goals.
- Coordinate with other internal departments and with external parties including 1st party publishers, online technology group, web service development.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Experience developing tools and user interfaces.
- Professional programming experience collaborating with designers on game features and design, implementation, and iterations.
- Professional experience using python.
- Good experience with real-time systems with memory and cpu limitations and optimising code.
- Good experience programming servers, designing protocols, working with databases, and writing server-side logic.
- Experience planning tasks in an agile method.
- Experience programming for latest generation PC and console APIs.
- Shipped at least two games with multiplayer components and one multiplatform title.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214418!