This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
OPM are working with a well-established UK developer steeped in history, awards, and success. They have developed on multiple platforms and through continued growth they are looking for a Network Programmer to join their team on new projects.
The successful candidate will have world class planning and game architecture skills, alongside their technical ability.
- Strong professional experience writing and debugging asynchronous code.
- Strong professional experience writing networked gameplay.
- Understanding of network prediction techniques to mitigate high latency and packet loss.
- Understanding of how to architect the code to support online play.
- Understanding of when and why to use reliable or unreliable transmission.
- Strong professional experience with programming in either C/C++ or C#.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborate with programmers to write synchronisation and prediction code.
- Creating certain networking implementation is compatible with the platform holder’s requirements.
- Assessing task/timings to help in schedule production.
- Carrying out assigned tasks within the time planned for them as agreed with your Lead.
- Clearly and accurately communicating progress on, and problems with, your assigned tasks, and the project in general, to your Lead.
- Understanding of platform cert requirements relating to networked games on console.
- Expertise with matchmaking, invites, session management, error handling, reliability, encryption, network topologies.
- Understanding of TCP / UDP sockets.
- Professional experience developing games with Unity, Unreal or a custom engine.
- Professional experience working on backend systems for networked games.
- Professional experience writing network prediction techniques.
- Professional experience writing network middleware.
- Private medical insurance.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Employee share scheme.
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Flexible start and finish times with an option of some remote working.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!