This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
OPM are working with a well-established UK developer steeped in history, awards, and success. They have developed on multiple platforms and through continued growth they are looking for a Network Programmer to join their team on new projects.
The successful candidate will have world class planning and game architecture skills, alongside their technical ability.
- Strong professional games experience having networked games on the backend and/or gameplay side of networking implementation.
- Understanding of networked gameplay synchronisation techniques/online game techniques for matchmaking, error handling, reliability, and network topology.
- Experience of writing and debugging asynchronous systems.
- Outstanding knowledge of C/C++ and other programming languages.
- Passionate about staying up to date with the changes and trends in the marketplace both in terms of rendering techniques and technologies.
- Working with the gameplay programmers writing synchronisation and prediction code.
- Applying backend solutions based on the low-level API for a variation of platforms.
- Confirming networking implementation is compliant with the platform holder’s requirements.
- Accurately assessing task timings to assist in the writing of project schedules.
- Proactively evaluating project bug databases for high-risk issues and fix patterns, work with programmers assigned bugs to ensure they are correctly fixed and tested.
- Planning, writing, debugging, and maintaining code, often in, but not limited to, C/C++.
- Writing code in a human-readable style, using descriptive and accurate class, function and variable names, and comments where necessary.
- Executing assigned tasks within the time scheduled for them as agreed with your Lead.
- Accurately communicating progress on, your assigned tasks, and the project in general, to your Lead Programmer and/or Producer.
- Ensuring that your work integrates well with the work of other team members, and functions correctly as a part of the whole project.
- Familiar with networked games architecture design.
- Professional experience using network middleware such as: Unity, Unreal, Photon, AWS, GameSparks, PlayFab.
- Understanding of platform cert requirements relating to networked games.
- Familiarity with online game techniques for matchmaking, session management, error-handling and reliability, network topology, object replication and prediction.
- Understanding of TCP / UDP sockets.
- Private medical insurance.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Employee share scheme.
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Flexible start and finish times with an option of some remote working.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!