Job ID: #19092
Our client is looking for an experienced engineer with expertise in engine/network programmer to join its core technology team. In this position, you will be building and extending the high-level server and multiplayer systems used across all of their titles. You will also be working on optimizing the low-level network systems in the engine and games to provide players with the best experience possible.
• Strong C++ skills, ideally including experience working in multithreaded and memory constrained environments
• Solid understanding of scalable client/server architecture
• Experience optimizing server for large player counts, including load balancing
• Aptitude for breaking down complex problems into small/manageable tasks
• Strong communication skills (English is our working language)
• Experience working on one or more released titles as server, network or live services engineer
• Experience working with platform live services such as Steam, Xbox Live, PSN, etc.
• Experience working with cloud computing backends such as Azure or AWS
• Experience with databases such as SQLite or PostgreSQL
• Working knowledge of 3d Math/ trigonometry
• Experience working with UE4
• Experience working on current generation console titles
• To have good written and oral communication skills in English
• To have a passion for games and your profession
• To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
• Strong company values
• Challenging and interesting work
• A position the right candidate can greatly influence
• Flexible working hours
• Company pension plan
• A studio with employees from more than 20 countries
• Social events and gatherings
• Health initiatives such as free access to gym, massages during work hours etc.
Categories: Programming , Technical
What do Unchartered, Metal Gear Solid, Mass Effect, The Last of Us, The Witcher, Bioshock and Red Dead Redemption have…
In 1977, the first video game art came from the Atari 2600 (which required a large heaped spoonful of imagination)….
Copyright © 2020 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom