This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: VR Projects
OPM’s client, a VR Game Development Studio, is currently recruiting for a Narrative Designer to join to join development on their most ambitious project with their team in The Netherlands.
The successful candidate will have a background in AAA action adventure games with the ability to create plenty of narrative ideas that fit the gameplay in consideration of the constraints of an existing IP.
- Experience in a narrative design role on a AAA adventure title, through a full development cycle.
- Strong skills in writing abstracts that distil concepts into their essence and that can meet the desires of a range of audiences, from the Game Director to the client.
- Understanding of writing within the restrictions of a well-known IP; understanding how to handle lore, and how to build on successful themes and ideas.
- Able to write in a methodical, inclusive manner, to create evocative worlds that spark the imagination of the team and players.
- Able to react to shifting demands of development, IP holders, and the Game Director, whilst maintaining high quality story telling.
- You will work alongside the Game Director and Lead Designer to mould the title’s narrative arc to tell a compelling story, whilst assisting the gameplay for an innovative AAA action adventure title based on a prominent IP.
- You will collaborate across disciplines to create a consistent and detailed world that is populated by engaging characters, producing the perfect staging for the gameplay to unfold.
- You will also work alongside the content designers to write dialogue and assist with implementation in the engine.
- A good feel for spatial layout, and has experience working with concept artists, with an ability to write and implement dialogue.
- Able to communicate through drawings or photo bash, etc.
- Experience working in an ideally a level design position or similar.
- Knowledge of the difficulties of storytelling in VR.
- Benefits according to experience and job
- Flexible working hours
- 26 Standard vacation days with an option to buy 5 more
- Up to 30% income tax reduction for eligible expats
- Relocation cost compensation available
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!