Job ID: #2051
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Our client, based in the vibrant city of Copenhagen is looking for a talented Multiplayer Programmer to join their Multiplayer team, in order to extend their state-of-the-art technology with multiplayer capabilities, on unannounced projects.
As a member of the Multiplayer team you will contribute to design and implement the network/multiplayer stack for their inhouse engine and games. Your team will be responsible for the development of the network layer.
You will work closely with the engine team to co-develop the object replication layer and collaborate with the AI/gameplay team to define and implement network aware features, workflows and setups. You will share responsibility with the online team to create, run and monitor our game-servers and backend infrastructure.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Participated in development of at least 1 shipped multiplayer game
• Good knowledge of network protocols, major APIs and libraries
• Sound knowledge of some of the main multiplayer related technologies: firewall traversal, data compression and encryption, distributed algorithms, mesh topologies, objects replication, prediction models and latency compensation, anti-cheating
• Fluent C/C++ programming
• Experienced in working with large existing codebases
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related fields
• Passion for video games
It will be an advantage if you have:
• Console experience (Xbox One and PS4)
• Experiences with creating custom tools with C#/.NET
• Cross-site working experience
Categories: Programming , Technical
If you are interested in the idea of bringing unique characters and worlds to life, then game animator jobs are…
One of the most important jobs in game development is that of a game programmer. Without this role, any story…
Copyright © 2021 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom