OPM are working with this London based studio to help them expand their team of fun-loving professionals. They are at the early stages of bringing something new to the market and are looking for a Monetization/Live Designer to help them achieve this.
They create competitive real-time team multiplayer games that can be played in four-minute sessions – “coffee break eSports”. Their first game has already attracted more than 25 million players in Early Access and is on track to become an entertainment product that will be enjoyed for years to come.
The Monetization/Live designer plays a critical role in creating key monetization systems to facilitate mobile game titles that respect the core game vision and create an optimal player experience.
- Design sustainable monetization systems in line with the game’s vision, collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure these systems are integrated into the core gameplay features
- Promote a holistic monetization strategy with the goal of improving retention and increasing in game revenue, while respecting the player experience
- Work with design, production and business teams to manage content and pricing for any in-game purchase
- Work with design to tune the in-game economy to work in harmony with the monetization scheme
- Complete thorough competitive analysis on mobile games and monetization trends
- Collaborate with operational teams to maximize post-launch/live campaign and content efforts
- Analyse the impact of changes in the game, identify opportunities that will have a positive impact on monetization
- Be the main conduit for key performance indicators (KPIs) related to acquisition, retention and monetization, analyse KPI reports and share information with production teams to identify and predict trends
- Experience in business administration, economics, marketing, or data science
- Experience working with multiple mobile games as a Monetization Designer
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative major
- Knowledge of e-commerce systems, pricing strategies and merchandising
- Self-starter with strong knowledge of managing large data gathering operations
- Strong passion for gaming and thorough understanding of game design (mechanics & systems)
- Strong ability to deconstruct high level gameplay systems and creative direction into specific technical details, features and tasks
- Experience in digital sales/online & ecommerce business an asset