Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Mid/Senior Environment Artist – AAA Games Project – Long Term Contract – London, UK
Location: London, United Kingdom Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: #24504 Posted: 2 months ago
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Our Client is looking to add to its family of staff. We are looking for an exceptionally talented Senior Environment Artist who is ready for the challenge of producing an AAA title on the next generation platforms.
- Create industry leading environments and assets that creatively and technically raise the project’s visual bar.
- Be comfortable communicating across teams and departments in a friendly and open manner.
- Be proactive and pre-empt dependency issues across teams before they happen.
- Fully understand the project tool chain / game engine and confidently report issues & improvements.
- Continue to develop the skills of yourself and those around you to maintain a world class quality.
- Ability to take ownership and drive key areas of the artistic style.
- Experience in creating and using assets in level creation tools such as Unreal Engine 4 or similar.
- At least 1 published AAA game title on current gen platforms with extensive experience.
- Demonstrable understanding of baking textures, processing maps and physically based shading using Substance Designer/Painter or Quixel Suite.
- Expert use of 3DS Max (or equivalent 3D software) and a good foundation in Photoshop
- Experience of the full asset pipeline including optimising and profiling.
- Proficient in 3d sculpting, preferably using Zbrush.
- Strong Portfolio with examples of:
- Levels and environments created in Unreal Engine 4 or equivalent
- High-resolution modelling in Max and/or Z-brush with textures created in Substance Designer/Painter or Quixel Suite to game engine ready standards.
- Demonstrate a specialist skill in a relevant area of art or design. e.g. Concept painting, VFX skills (particles, destruction etc), Specialist shader skills, or Unreal Engine Blueprints.
- A passion for creating worlds and bringing those visions to life.
- Strong knowledge of PBR shading in current gen games. Must know how light and materials behave in the real world and how this applies in game.
- Have a keen eye for level design and a strong ability to communicate ideas and collaborate with a design team.
- Has a desire to maintain and keep up excellent file management and clean working files.
- Must demonstrate a strong understanding of level lighting, readability and composition.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to work well with other artistic departments to drive a vision forward independently without lead supervision.
- Be pro-active and have a constant desire to improve and help non-senior art team members of staff improve their skill sets.
Categories: Art , Creative