This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client are looking for an experienced, talented, and passionate Senior Concept Artist, a champion in the Art Team who will have a significant role in shaping the visual direction for a project. The successful candidate will help establish and convey the Art Director's vision through a wide array of concept art, key art & style guides.
- Extensive experience creating concept art to a high standard from scratch – including environments, characters, props, clothing, hair, hard surface and vehicles.
- Capability to create concepts of characters, props and environments to AAA standard
- Experience working on a minimum of 1 released AAA game or 3D Animation
- Outstanding portfolio that demonstrates a strong artistic skill
- Strong understanding of real time specific art requirements, especially on lighting
- Mastery of 2D art fundamentals: Anatomy, Composition, Lighting, Material Expression, Color theory, value, form, scale, shape language, and silhouette
- Solid skills in industry standard 2D graphics applications like Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
- Experience with video game product development including workflow, tools, limits of technology, character turnarounds, storyboarding, marketing material and graphic design
- Superb time management skills, with the ability to organise, prioritise and execute on tasks and assignments within a specific deadline
- Collaborate with Art Director and Lead Artist to develop the look and feel of our new AAA game through thoroughly researched, richly detailed and extensively iterated concept art
- Support the art lead in defining the art style of the game. Researching and proposing concept references together with the Art Director
- Design character, environment, structure, creature, tone, or any other concepts that could be needed during pre-production and production phases
- Conceptualize stylized designs to best represent game design intent that supports the overall vision for the project and work with game designers to vet their ideas through concepts and create designs that stay within technical constraints.
- Understanding and evangelizing the visual style of the game
- Generate benchmark quality assets covering all aspects of concept design, key art, illustration, and storyboards adhering to the products art direction
- Create style guides, creative briefs and art quality benchmarks for outsourcing and the team
- Review and feedback on work produced by external artists
- Mentor less experienced artists and lead by example with organised workflows and efficient processes
- Fundamental knowledge of 3D software as it pertains to the concept process is a plus
- Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Performance based bonuses
- Private health care including dental treatment
- Comprehensive assistance in relocation
- In-company English language classes and Polish lessons for foreigner
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 417!