Job ID: #13340
OPM’s client in Finland, a developer of compelling console and PC games, is currently looking for a Lead Designer to work on their new, original AAA IP.
The ideal candidate will have a strong game design background, multiple game credits and a passion for shipping high quality products with a fun, collaborative team. The candidate should have phenomenal communication skills, proven leadership experience, a strong design background, and a stellar track record of shipping AAA games.
• Partner with the Game Director and team leadership to define the creative vision and direction for our project
• Help steer strategic creative decisions and ensure consistency of vision with all efforts related to the project
• Assess the workload vs. production capacity, plan the work, and set priorities for the game design team
• Communicate the project objectives, strategies, and general information to all team members so as to give visibility to the advancement of the development of the game and the other crafts
• Mentoring other members of the design team, helping them to improve and grow
• Clearly define and champion high standards of production quality for all design work
• Create a work environment that is motivating for team members and which fosters development and creation
• Extensive professional game design experience
• Shipped at least 2 AAA titles on any platform
• Expertise using Unreal Engine 4 or similar
• Ability to direct, collaborate, and speak critically on story, art, and content development
• Excellent sense for game design and creating outstanding user experiences
• Proven ability to carry complete designs from high-level concepts to high-quality execution
• Leadership ability, strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Proactive and self-motivated. Comfortable working without direct supervision
• Strong ability to diagnose not-quite-working designs and prescribe elegant solutions
• Must be able to accept critique of your work and have the ability to embrace change
Categories: Creative , Design
In 1977, the first video game art came from the Atari 2600 (which required a large heaped spoonful of imagination)….
With the deadline for the UK leaving the EU fast approaching, and the chances of a no-deal exit ever-increasing, it’s…
Copyright © 2019 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom