OPM is pleased to be working with an established games company based in Cambridge. With a focus on Virtual Reality and under minimal guidance, the successful candidate will be expected to conduct functionality and play-testing as appropriate during the development cycle in order to detect and report software deficiencies, reliability, ease of use, and any other areas as directed in order to ensure the overall highest quality of the project.
- Support the Senior QA Technicians in maintaining efficient and accurate play-tests producing accurate and detailed reports and working to an ethos of continual process improvement. Follow industry and internal best practice guidelines for process of play testing and usability tests. Ensure strong reporting methods, conducting tests to specific requirements, memory reports, and frame rate evaluation. Ensure feedback is concise and relevant with improvements being proactively suggested wherever possible.
- Follow directed best practice for test management processes ensuring consistent and accurate testing methodologies and continually ensuring adherence to these both within the QA team and the wider studio.
- Proactively look for and highlight any potential risks with milestones, production tasks and wider studio output with the QA Lead/Senior QA Technicians. Troubleshoot issues as they arise, knowing when to action and when to pass on to a more senior member of the team. Effectively liaise as necessary with production groups, senior management and any external production on any outstanding QA issues.
- Remain up-to-date with current techniques and tools used in QA and help ensure that an ethos of continual quality focus is encouraged throughout the QA team.
- Demonstrate effective use of the Bug Database & liaison with the QA Lead/Senior QA Technicians, ensuring communication to and from all teams are on-time, accurate and fit-for-use.
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with other disciplines gaining a good understanding of reach requirements and specific method of working in order to improve understanding between QA and other teams.
- Give accurate and concise feedback with relevant improvement suggestions wherever possible.
Knowledge and Skills required
- Experience with VR and/or augmented reality
- Sharp attention to detail, highly analytical with the aptitude to learn quickly and effectively
- Highly organised, methodical and responsible
- Exposure to and awareness of the whole development process.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Previous experience working on a PS4 or Xbox One title
- Upbeat, proactive and positive work style and attitude
- Experience in logging and regressing issues in one or more bug databases