OPM’s client are looking for a Lighting Artist to join their growing team. This company is a leading studio who create first class AAA games of which you have probably played at least one! This role would require you to create the lighting and establishing the moods throughout the game.
- Creating both the exterior and interior lighting within the levels and cut scenes.
- Placing and tweaking of light sources within the environment.
- Creation of sky dome and cloud textures.
- Tweaking of shading materials and textures to improve the perception of the lighting.
- Post processing; colour grading, exposure, SSAO, bloom, tone mapping curves etc.
- Contributing to the development and placing of special effects related to lighting and atmosphere. Such as; light flares, fog, god rays and camera optics.
- Prototyping the use of lighting technology to reach the visual targets defined by the art direction.
- Working with the AD and rendering programmers to define and sell in requests for new tech features and improved editor workflow.
- Strong sense of lighting theory; colour space, exposure, light fixtures, natural light, reflections etc.
- Good understanding of cinematography and dramaturgy; the use of camera technology, scene blocking and lighting to set the mood.
- Being pro-active in the use of lighting as a powerful tool in gameplay clarity. For example; to guide the player forward, highlight objectives and enemies.
- An ability to thoroughly digest the art direction and be a champion for executing it in the game.
- Used to working with the balancing between visual quality and performance requirements.
- Experience of real-time rendering is a plus, but not a must. Experience from film/tv rendering will also be considered.
Located in Sweden’s largest city, this studio takes care of their staff and in addition to a competitive compensation package they offer free games, health care allowance and Pension.