Our client is hiring to contribute to the next chapter of a legendary franchise.
Lighting Artists create realistic lighting in worlds, exteriors and interiors. He ensures that the Art Director’s vision for lighting and materials is realized. You are able to multi-task and communicate with colleagues within several different disciplines.
- Creating the lighting for the level in accordance with the art direction;
- Designing or following lighting systems that support the atmosphere and gameplay effects; highlighting the work of other working units;
- Verifying the quality of the lighting when elements are imported into the game and making any necessary improvements;
- Optimizing the lighting effects to produce the best possible lighting, in keeping with the technical limitations of the engine;
- Fixing bugs related to the lighting;
- Communicating with other working units to look into the root causes of lighting issues;
- Understanding the external game design and art direction documents to become familiar with the challenges that will impact game lighting and being able to propose atmosphere and lighting ideas;
- Reproducing the selected moods and atmospheres in addition to light sources;
- Having the artistic director and technical director (or other related role both internal and external) validate the quality of the lighting and making any changes that are requested.
- Excellent understanding of game engines, tools, pipelines and development processes;
- Extensive experience in 3ds Max, and Photoshop;
- Solid artistic knowledge of lighting techniques, real-time and pre-rendering;
- Extensive knowledge of lighting, color and image composition;
- Originality and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions;
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to change;
- Ability to light characters and environments, interior & exterior, different times of day, etc.;
- Knowledge of other video game production working units;
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude;
- English level: upper-intermediate or higher.
Nice to have:
- Extensive experience in shading, texture, special effects, image processing or any other relevant field;
- Experience with in-house game engines is a plus;
- Experience in photography is a plus;
- Ability to create concept art.