This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client is seeking a motivated and experienced Lighting Artist to join their studio.
The successful candidate will possess a strong understanding of lighting and composition to build upon the work of other artists, while enhancing and supporting their work.
- Work with the Art Director and Lead Artists to maintain artistic style and mood is in line with the defined visual style for the game.
- Work together with the Design Team to maintain gameplay requirements, and with Tech Art to achieve a balance between aesthetic quality and performance requirements.
- Help to drive narrative story telling through effective use of colour, light, and mood.
- Fantastic artistic knowledge and ability to devise innovative lighting solutions.
- Experience working with lighting in Unreal Engine 4.
- Strong grasp of the lighting process, especially regarding static lighting, light map creation, an understanding of light diffusion, atmospherics, global illumination and PBR.
- Excellent communication skills .
- Passionate about gaming and games development.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Good traditional art skills or photography.
- Good knowledge of physically based rendering.
- Ability to contribute to R&D of new techniques and implement into production pipeline.
- Knowledge of post processing; colour grading, SSAO, bloom, tone mapping curves, HDR, etc.
- Private Medical and Dental Cover
- Onsite counselling and an employee assistant program.
- Fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave.
- Flexitime and life assurance.
- Referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
- Total of 36 days off.
- Enhanced company pension contributions.
- Cycle to work, car leasing schemes, a free car park and more.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!