Job ID: #22898
As a Lighting Artist, you will be responsible for the lighting of environments and assets throughout all stages of production – from pre-vis mock ups to in game assets to promotional materials.
A thorough understanding of fundamentals such as color theory, composition, light and form is essential. Our client is also looking for excellent capabilities in 3D rendering, modelling, texturing and lighting techniques within 3D packages and 3D game engines.
Working closely with Concept Artists and the Art Director, you will fulfil the highly influential step of lighting environments – creating mood, story and atmosphere as required from the product.
• Work closely with the Concept Artists, Cinematics Director and Art Director making high quality lighting passes on all in-game environments (internal, exterior and cinematics).
• Placing and refining light sources throughout the game world.
• Refining and tweaking materials and shaders throughout the game world for best lighting results (including, on occasion, characters and vehicles).
• Refining the look of the product in an agreed direction with the use of post processing, LUT, tone mapping etc.
• Championing lighting implementation techniques and processors on chosen game engine.
• Implementing effects related to lighting mood and lighting in general across the map (god rays, fog etc).
• Reviewing and assessing performing costs of lighting solutions and reviewing effective solutions to keep lighting budgets in line with technical requirements.
• Working closely with Technical Artists to research and advance fidelity of lighting solutions.
• Implement feedback from Art Director.
• Experience in the creation of high-quality real-time lighting within games.
• Extensive professional experience as a Lighting Artist.
• Thorough understanding of real-time lighting technology and solutions.
• Strong understanding of related art fundamentals (colour theory, lighting and composition).
• Strong experience in creation of PBR, normal map and texture creation/manipulation.
• Experience with current 3D modelling tools such as 3ds Max, Maya or equivalent.
• Strong communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams.
• A positive collaborative and professional working attitude.
• Strong English skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong interest in photography and cinematography a plus.
The studio are willing to sponsor VISA’s and are able to provide relocation support for the successful candidate in addition to their competitive compensation package.
Categories: Art , Creative
Royal Leamington Spa
Are you interested in becoming a game programmer? Programmers are the people who create the code that brings games to…
If you’re looking for entry level game design jobs, experience and qualifications are key. But if you’re fresh out of…
Copyright © 2021 OPMjobs Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom