Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Lighting Artist – Edinburgh – AAA Games
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: # Posted: 2 years ago
Our client is looking for an exceptionally skilled Lighting Artist who possesses the ability to light their environments, cutscenes and characters for AAA video game titles. This position has a large impact on multiple departments and drastically affects the look and feel of the game.
You should be well versed in current game art production methodology.
- Create and maintain all elements of lighting i.e. dynamic, prebaked, interior and exterior setups, cinematic set and character lighting.
- Ensure that all lighting deliverables are completed fully and in line with production schedule.
- Maintain a balance between visual quality and performance requirements for real time game application.
- Keep artistic style consistent with defined visual style for the game.
- Work with design to make sure lighting accentuates missions, objectives and game flow.
- Participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into production pipeline.
- Sound knowledge and use of lighting techniques in the video game or VFX industries.
- Expert level proficiency within 3DS Max, Photoshop, After Effects and other 3rd party software or tools used in the production of environment and character lighting.
- Strong technical background with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Game experience preferred.
- Must provide a portfolio through a webpage or other digital media to be considered.
Categories: Art , Creative