Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Lighting Artist – AAA Games – London
Location: London,UK Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: #33484 Posted: 3 months ago
Our client is looking to add to its family of world class staff and are seeking an exceptionally talented Lighting Artist who is ready for the challenge of producing world class lighting for their next, unannounced project.
- Creating high quality artistic and functional lighting for environments, cinematics and characters which fulfils both art and design requirements.
- Working with the Lead Lighting Artist to realize the project’s artistic vision.
- Working with Designers, Artists, Technical Artists and Programmers to ensure their lighting needs are met.
- Ensuring any lighting content created is within established budgets. Ability to optimize it without a loss in quality, keeping in mind the technical requirements and different platforms’ limitations.
- Professional experience as a dedicated lighting artist, having completed at least one full production cycle for an AAA game on current gen console hardware (PS4, Xbox1).
- Able to comfortably work with both artistic hand placed lighting as well as with more technical and systemic approaches.
- Strong UE4 knowledge. Experience with its blueprint system is a plus.
- Experience with 3ds Max and Adobe Photoshop
- Keen on keeping up to date with games’ cutting edge techniques.
- Strong knowledge of lighting, colour theory and image composition proven with a strong portfolio.
- Experience with PBR shading in current gen games. Must know how light and materials behave in the real world and how this applies in game.
- Keen understanding of cinematography and how to best implement lighting for Cinematic scenes.
- A photographic eye and mind-set to be able to correctly interpret exposure and lighting values in game.
Categories: Art , Creative