My client is an independent creator, publisher and distributor of high quality entertainment products with a core focus on gameplay. With over 15 years of operating in the games industry, they now have offices across Europe and in the US they have over 100 people working for them who are set to develop truly immersive VR experiences and are looking for Level Designers to join their team.
- Create concepts, paper designs and white-boxes of levels within established sets of rules for a new FPS game, in order to produce interesting locations, objectives, puzzles, narrative elements and challenging AI encounters that utilize the core mechanics of the game
- Work with the Lead Level Designer and Senior Level Designers to ensure the overall vision of the project is represented on the game levels
- Hands-on development of level layouts through all stages of development (from the initial layout, prototyping, gameplay validation phase and into final gameplay implementation and optimization phase)
- You will own and implement levels from concept to final stage, develop the maps within the gameplay system constraints, always seeking to ensure the requested rhythm, difficulty, planned script while keeping it fun
- Collaborate with other disciplines to ensure levels maintain a high quality in design, art, animation, visual effects, lighting and sounds
- Participate in design and level design sessions to understand the outline of the game experience
- Communicate your designs to the team and ensure consistency with the Lead Designer/ Lead Level Designer‘s vision
- Help to maintain and prioritize backlogs and polish lists for your levels
- Participate in feedback of other designers’ work
- Experience as a Level Designer and one shipped AAA title, designing solo, multiplayer and co-op levels
- Experience in designing, building, populating and scripting complex interactivity for next generation products
- Working knowledge of 3D tools (Maya, 3ds Max, SketchUp)
- Working knowledge of 2D tools to create 2D maps (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Excellent sense of 3D game space, gameflow and difficulty tuning with a strong knowledge in level design tools
- Knowledge of first person shooter games
- Fluent in English and excellent written and verbal communication and documentation skills
- Degree or experience in art, interior or industrial design
- Creativity, critical and analytical sense, structure, and an eye for detail
This is a great opportunity to work in a dynamic and rapidly growing company. Where they grow, you will grow and develop professionally whilst making some really exciting games.
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary dependant on their skills and experience.
To apply or for further information about the role please contact Emma on +44 (0) 1206214415 or mail a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org