This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Console, Handheld
OPM’s client BAFTA Award winning developer and publisher, seeking a Level Designer to join a talented, multi-disciplinary team to help with the continuing development of an industry leading mobile game.
They are searching for a level designer with experience designing exciting and engaging levels and can demonstrate your process for making sure they are balanced, challenging and fun. If possible, you will also have experience creating levels for competitive games.
- A strong portfolio of work demonstrates your ability to concept and design sections or the entire game regarding, level designs, characters, maps, systems, mechanics, control methods etc.
- Professional experience with 3D Studio Max, Maya or Blender or related 3D software.
- Familiar with using 3D game engines such as Unity & Unreal Engine.
- Good communication skills, able to communicate your ideas and designs clearly and specifically.
- Deep interest in multiplayer games, Esport, sports games and/or sports.
- Cooperate with the Design and Art teams to generate new levels from concept through to completion.
- Design interesting and appealing levels, making sure they are balanced, challenging and enjoyable.
- Develop detailed knowledge of the game and all current levels.
- Utilising your technical design skills to implement, iterate and playtest whilst also maintaining an objective and open mind to feedback.
DESIRED SKILLS (beneficial to have):
- Knowledge and/or interest in golf is an advantage.
- Deep interest in mobile games, with good knowledge of the F2P genre.
- Professional experience working as a team operating a F2P game.
- Degree(s) in a game design related subject, or comparable professional experience.
- Understanding of the game development process and lifecycle.
- Solid technical skills and knowledge of game development tools.
- Professional experience working on a live game, overseeing an active userbase and live operations.
- Passionate about learning and improving your design skills.
- A keen eye for efficiency to improve workflow in the level-design process.
- Passionate about games and the games industry.
- Health, well-being, and social events
- Comprehensive Bonus Package
- Generous Company Pension
- Life Assurance
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!