This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: PC/Console FPS Games
OPMs client are looking for a talented Level Designer to help development of a multiplayer FPS title. If you love working with Unreal Engine and are passionate for multiplayer games, this will be a fantastic fit. You will already know the intricacies inherent in large FPS titles, and you will be eager to jump aboard and immediately start contributing.
- Solid experience in level design, with a minimum of one shipped console title.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Good familiarity of scripting languages.
- Deep gameplay and game design understanding.
- Robust knowledge of level editors.
- In-depth understanding of FPS gameplay & mechanics, with experience in generating & iterating on white box environments.
- Good experience working with Unreal Engine for game authoring.
- Partake in the authoring, documentation and tuning of the level to design gameplay elements according to the design and creative vision of the project.
- Be a reference point for the team in relation to level design and work collaboratively to find resolutions to issues that occur.
- Establish and maintain best practices, production pipelines and workflows.
- Understand and apply guidelines for creating engaging level layouts within the game to support specific gameplay rules or playstyles.
- Understand and apply data analysis as part of the level design process.
- Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for completion of tasks and track progress using the designated tools.
- Collaborate with quality assurance teams as part of the debugging process by sharing relevant information, coordinating issue responsibility, and resolving any reported issues.
- Organise & participate in the playtest process, observing and analysing player actions to generate feedback that contributes to the iterative design process.
- Be a great communicator, conducting regular reviews of level design content, providing feedback in line with the creative vision and best practices.
- Estimate the time to complete certain tasks and the awareness to flag up scheduling issues early enough to address them sufficiently.
- Considerable Level Design experience with objective or team based multiplayer games.
- Experience cooperating with multiple/remote teams
- Good understanding & experience working with UE4 blueprints
- Passionate for creating FPS games.
- Able to think outside-the-box, to generate creative & sophisticated solutions to any design problems encountered.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!