This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: PC and Console Games
OPM’s client is a currently seeking a talented and experienced Level Designer to join their passionate team to begin work on their upcoming title.
The successful candidate will be well-versed in the purpose and design of great multiplayer levels that engage users in amazing shooter combat.
- Solid experience in the games industry in a level design capacity, with aa minimum one published title
- Demonstrable ability to design and conceptualize creative and interesting 3D game levels
- Knowledge of level creation/editing packages, preferably Unreal Engine 4
- Background in rapid prototyping to test viability of concepts
- Great working knowledge of game design systems, level flow, engagement, environmental storytelling, playtesting, etc
- In-depth knowledge of the relationship between gameplay elements within the level and the overall game experience. In addition, you also have full knowledge of the player interaction with the gameplay elements, and you can define those in a way that enhance the gameplay experience
- Great communication skills, positive attitude, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Able to learn and master new tools and techniques
- Conceptualize, design, direct, and build levels for a brand-new multiplayer shooter game with huge play spaces and a lot of player interaction through class-based combat
- Produce design documentation for level design, level layouts and 3D block-outs for in-engine playtesting
- Implement areas of the game including layout, prop placement, and other gameplay related entities.
- Work alongside the Creative Director and Lead Designers to contribute innovative ideas towards all aspects of game design
- Work closely with the engineering team to develop and enhance the development of tools and processes used in laying out environments.
- Collaborate with the art department to conceive and design environments that are innovative and visually impressive
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!