Job Type: Permanent
Project: Console/PC Games
Our client is very excited to be working on the new original IP and is looking for a Senior Designer to help us achieve their goals. You will work closely other members of the team to develop a brand new title from start to finish on PC and next-generation platforms.
- Extensive Game Design experience, with at least one shipped title.
- Experience, as a designer and as a player, with online games/titles.
- General understanding of game engines, technology, and the game development process.
- Experience with scripting including Blueprints or LUA or similar language.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft product suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with console development.
- Design experience within Unity.
- Knowledge of Jira/Confluence.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and investigate other options and ideas.
- Work with the systems and gameplay teams to implement entirely new gameplay features as well as adjust and update existing gameplay features.
- Work directly with other designers, QA, and playtest groups to refine and improve gameplay.
- Prototype and implement new gameplay content with editor and scripting tools.
- Work with sound, VFX, and animation to make in-game cause and effect clear to players.
- Generate and maintain feature and content usage documentation.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- Fair working hours – they believe in a good work/life balance, so offer a crunch-free environment
- Holiday Allowance – 25 days annual leave entitlement, plus all 8 UK bank holidays
- Annual Salary Review – Every year they will review and consider everyone’s salary for increase
- Company Pension – Employer contribution matching on the UK government automatic enrolment scheme
- Private Health Care – Health care supplied through BUPA for all permanent employees
- Continued Learning – Free Udemy courses at any experience level, for those wanting to go deeper
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call us directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!