OPM’s client, a vigorous, ambitious and rapidly expanding developer and publisher of PC and console video games is currently looking for a Level Designer to work on their new IP in China. The studio is a market leader in the niche of free-to-play online multiplayer games.
- Collaborating with designers, artists and other developers to create engaging and exciting gameplay spaces
- Design, prototype, iterate and realize highly polished level layouts featuring well-paced mission flow, seamless visual storytelling and opportunities for tactical action combat
- Creating, scripting and placing spawns and encounters into gameplay spaces in exciting and innovative ways to create engaging combat experiences
- Partnering with content designers to understand and plan for each level’s intended gameplay, space requirements, mission flow, story beats, encounter placement and scripting
- Collaborating with system designers to ensure that combat is finely tuned and outstanding in your levels
- Working closely with environment and concept artists to ensure that level layouts reflect visual storytelling goals, follow the established art style and enhance the overall visual experience
- Extensive experience in the games industry working in a level design capacity, shipping at least one title
- Experience working with a game engine, using scripting tools to orchestrate events, and implementing 3D work into the pipeline
- Extensive understanding of level design process including level flow, engagement, structure, pacing, environmental storytelling, testing, etc
- Experience in rapid prototyping to test feasibility of concepts
- Expert game design sensibilities
- Strong understanding of level editing packages such as Maya, Unity, UDK, or other proprietary tools.
- A team player-mindset, understanding the importance of collaboration, and able to communicate effectively with all disciplines and departments
- A positive, solution-oriented attitude and passion about the play experience, with a wealth of knowledge across a wide range of games
- Shipped AAA game(s) a plus
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary dependant on their skills and experience.