Job ID: #22823
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
OPM’s client are hiring to contribute to their new AAA. The Level Artist is responsible for the graphical content of a game level / or part of a game level and must ensure that their work can be successfully integrated, taking technological limits and artistic direction into account.
Being a Level Artist for this project means:
• Following references, concepts, and art direction, as well as taking initiative to carry on working independently
• Helping establish the modeling and texture needs, assigning tasks to the 3D map artists, and following up on the progress and overall quality of work
• Creating architectural and lighting elements
• Integrating produced objects and textures into a level
• Verifying the quality of the maps once they are imported into the game and making any improvements if necessary
• Overseeing the debug process for all levels
• Communicating with peers, managers, and vendors
• Creating documents that list and present graphical content of the levels (objects, environments, atmosphere, lighting, styles etc.)
• In-depth knowledge of Maya/ Zbrush / Substance Painter / Unreal engine
• Experience in module creation for environment
• Ability to follow references, concepts, and art direction as well as ability to take initiative to carry on working independently
• Taking part in setting properties for all types of objects on the map
• English level: upper-intermediate or higher
Is this you? Then please send a portfolio demonstrating your skills with a CV or call Mitchell on +44 (0) 1206 214417
The salary bracket is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.
Categories: Art , Creative
If you are interested in the idea of bringing unique characters and worlds to life, then game animator jobs are…
One of the most important jobs in game development is that of a game programmer. Without this role, any story…
Copyright © 2021 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom