My client is an amazing games company with Studios in Russia, America and Poland, they work on some of the best known games to come out on console and mobile.
As a Level artist you will be responsible for the graphical content of one or several basic game levels and must ensure that your work can be successfully integrated, taking the technological limits and artistic direction into account.
- Become familiar with game design documents so as to know the environments, objects, atmospheres, story, and style in order to build their level
- Become familiar with the visual references and respect the chosen artistic direction
- Participates in the search of precise graphic references that are specific to their game level(s)
- Becomes familiar with tool installation methods and their settings, the project’s file chosen name system, and the data updating processes in the engine, and follow all of the instructions
- Creates documents that list and present the graphical content of the levels (objects, environments, atmosphere, lighting, styles, etc.)
- Helps estimate, after assessing level content with the PM – modelling, the working time and plan tasks per priority and per level
- Builds the rough map of the level with the level designer to show and get approval for the first graphical intentions and gameplays
- Helps establish the modelling and texture needs, place the order with the map 3d artists, and follow up on the progress and quality of the work with the PM
- Integrate the produced objects and textures into the level
- Creates the architectural and lighting elements of the level and integrates them
- Constantly optimises his/her map and by, for example, adjusting the size of the pieces according to gameplay situations, after assessment with the level designer
- Participates in setting the properties of each of the objects in his/her map (e.g.: movement, collision, lighting effects, SFX, sound, etc.)
- Acts as a resource-person for the artistic team
- Backs up the files at a specific point in Perforce and exports the information to the engine
- Verifies the quality of the maps once they are imported into the game and make any necessary improvements
- Oversees the debug process for all levels
- Fix bugs found by testers in your levels
- Excellent English communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Proficient in 3D Studio Max / Zbrush / Unreal engine
- Shaders Creation
- Competitive salary
- Help with relocation
- Additional medical insurance
Do you have the skills and relevant experience for this role? Send your cv to email@example.com today!
Claire Ramshaw | Senior Art Consultant
OPM Response Ltd | Unit 5 Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, UK, CO3 8AB | Direct Line: +44 (0) 1206 214413 | Email: Claire@opmjobs.com | Skype: claire.ramshaw.opm |
The salary bracket is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.