Job Type: Permanent
Project: Console/PC Games
Our client is looking for someone like you to become their all-new Lead VFX Artist and join a passionate and talented VFX team, where they are building on the years of success.
The Lead VFX Artist is a new role dedicated to leading a team of VFX Artist to make awesome real-time effects across multiple projects. You will proactively manage your team’s performance and professional development. As part of the VFX team, you will play a key role in ensuring the technical and artistic quality of multiple games.
This role would suit a Senior VFX Artist who has the ability to lead a team of artists to deliver content in line with the art direction of the project.
- Expert knowledge of 3D software such as 3D Studio Max, Maya or Blender
- Expert knowledge of PBR art pipelines including Substance
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop or other 2D packages
- Expert knowledge of lighting and HDR
- Able to create, design and implement high quality real-time particle effects using both static and animated 2D/3D elements
- Able to focus individuals and teams to achieve a specific outcome to drive performance
- Able to apply an understanding of the games industry to improve effectiveness of teams and projects
- Knowledge of procedural systems such as Houdini are beneficial
- Lead a team of VFX artists with best practice people management techniques
- Proactively manage your team’s performance and professional development through performance review cycles giving constructive, actionable, and relevant feedback
- Collaborate with Art Directors, Designers, Programmers and Producers to balance creative vision with production realities
- Create, design and implement high quality real-time particle effects using both static and animated 2D/3D elements
- Ensure the technical and artistic quality of the project by collaborating with Technical Artists and Senior Artists and make changes when necessary
- Be an active mentor and role model for the VFX art team. Work to maintain morale and create an atmosphere of creativity and enthusiasm
- Private Medical Insurance: the PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where the studio matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Dental & Vision: Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- EAP: Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Gym Membership: Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Relocation: Assistance with relocation planning and costs
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call us directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214412!