This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Action RPG Games
OPM’s client is a record-breaking indie studio based in Nice, France. They are currently seeking a Senior VFX Artist to join development on a new isometric action-RPG title.
- Degree or Qualification(s) in visual effects or other relevant training
- Strong professional experience with Unreal Engine or CryEngine, having released at least one AAA title.
- Good understanding of 2D art tools such as Photoshop.
- Good understanding of VFXs editors such as Fume, PopCornFX
- Good understanding of compositing software such as After Effects
- Good understanding of 3D software such as Houdini, 3DS Max
- Good understanding of game editors such as Unigine, Unity or Unreal
- Good understanding of scripting with HLSL
- Strong working knowledge of particle driven effects and shader systems
- Strong knowledge of node based shaders and their creation
- Strong knowledge of Physically Based Rendering and Linear workflows
- Strong understanding of modelling, texture mapping, materials, and post processing such as colour grading etc.
- Strong understanding of game production pipelines.
- Excellent communication and adaptation skills
- Fluent English language skills
- French spoken language skills are a plus
- Korean spoken language skills are a plus
- As Senior VFX Artist you will report to the Lead VFX Artist
- Generating high quality real-time effects for gameplay & cutscenes
- Planning, assessing and prioritising time frames for the accomplishment of day to day tasks and track progress using the allocated tools
- Communicating and collaborating with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work
- Optimising work and maintaining balance between quality and performance
- Implementing and integrating feedback from the Art Director and Leads
- Understanding best real-time practices, production pipelines and workflows
- Referencing game design documents to create an understanding of the environments, goals, atmospheres, story, and style of the project
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!