This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client are famous for their outstanding, team-based multiplayer games that inspire friendship, competition and teamwork.
They are currently seeking an experienced and motivated Lead VFX Artist to help creating stunning visual effects using a mixture of technical and artistic skills.
- Supervise the project VFX crew on the creation and polish of gameplay and environmental effects
- Lead and motivate the team by managing their assignments and workload
- Work alongside the Art crew to enhance immersion and visual fidelity, with Designers to tune player experience, and with Technical Art to maintain performance requirements
- Make sure the VFX goals are being met for all essential game features
- Ability to set and maintain effective VFX pipelines, and to advocate best practices for cross-discipline collaboration
- Endeavor to advance our techniques and visuals into new territory
- Experience on a minimum of three commercially released AAA titles as a VFX artist, two as a Senior or Lead.
- Expertise with VFX fundamentals such as timing, composition, colour and how VFX provide gameplay feedback
- Background authoring real-time VFX and have a in-depth understanding of the technical constraints of Console and PC performance budgets
- Expert understanding of rigid body, pyro, and fluid simulation
- Great experience with node-based shader pipelines
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4’s VFX and Physics tools. Niagara preferred.
- Knowledge of production constraints and collaboration needs in a fast paced environment
- Up-to-date with latest digital art techniques, practices, tools, software, and trends
- Experience in management or mentorship roles
- Working knowledge of 3D asset creation and surfacing packages
- Knowledge of game build and compilation pipelines
- Background with scripting and coding principles
- Comfortable directing a team to meet deliveries under strict deadlines
- Houdini FX knowledge
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!