OPMs client is looking for an experienced Lead VFX Artist with proven track record of delivering a world-class game, ensuring successful deliveries of VFX assets while leading a team of high-calibre VFX artists.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of both technical and production pipeline, with a strong hands-on experience in VFX asset creation and technical setup.
As a department head, you will be reporting to the Art Director for all VFX related topics and collaborate with the Game Director, Designers, Engineers, and Animators to deliver high-quality visual content.
- A vast career of professional experience working in a similar capacity within the games or other relevant creative industry.
- Experience in leading a VFX team.
- Expert knowledge in using Houdini for VFX asset production.
- Professional know-how of working on a project from start to finish.
- In-depth knowledge of various VFX creation pipeline.
- Familiar with how VFX is done within Unreal Engine.
- Strong understanding in Niagara VFX system in Unreal Engine a plus.
- Familiar with Source Control software, preferably Perforce.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams.
- A positive collaborative and professional working attitude.
- Team leader who will be accountable for all VFX-related topics while leading VFX Artists to success.
- Help to create world-class VFX assets with the team by working closely with Designers, Engineers, and Animators.
- Lead, coach and mentor the artists and facilitate one on one meetings.
- Create and implement VFX assets within Unreal Engine.
- Be the owner of performance, efficiency, and quality for all VFX topics.
- Help to define the goals, action items and overall schedules/scope for the project.
- Provide a clear feedback in a timely manner to both the internal and external team.
- Refine the best practices in creation of VFX assets and document any relevant workflow and pipeline updates.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure the plan and requirements are met.
- Support with VISA and relocation to Edinburgh
- Temporary accommodation provided
- Highly competitive salary
- Amazing city location
- Working with a world class team of developers
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call us directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415