Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Lead VFX Artist – AAA Games – London – Permanent
Location: London Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: # Posted: 1 year ago
My client is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, and they’re all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. They are currently looking for a talented Lead VFX artist to help us build world class effects for upcoming titles. You should exhibit both technical skill and artistic talent, have a passion for creative problem solving, and be able to manage and inspire a team of artists.
- Collaborate with Art and Design Directors to create a technically sound, engaging and memorable game
- Collaborate with Art team to accentuate visual fidelity, Designers to improve game-play choices and Programming to maintain our performance requirements
- Manage the VFX team including holding regular 121s, setting objectives, looking after the team’s welfare and providing mentoring
- Work with the VFX team to drive the creation of game-play and environmental effects
- Must have experience authoring real-time VFX and have a good understanding of the technical constraints imposed by console and PC technology.
- Needs to be proficient in Max/Maya, Photoshop, and Unreal editor (or similar).
- Strong understanding the fundamentals of VFX including timing, composition, colour and how to use VFX to provide gameplay feedback.
- Exceptional ability in optimizing VFX to run at the speed and fidelity needed by multiplayer shooter games while looking great.
- The desire to collaborate with game designers, programmers and artists
- Management of an experienced VFX team
- Knowledge in rigid body and fluid simulation
Categories: Art , Creative