OPM are working with a valued partner in the UAE seeking a Lead Unity Client Programmer with experience and expertise in the mobile and web domain.
The main responsibilities of the Client Lead would be to make various modules for the game, architect new features with other senior programmers and mentor the client programmers.
The programmer should be capable enough to create various technical solutions utilizing Unity/C# and should have strong understanding of various web protocols.
DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES
- Create various gaming components for mobile games that can support multi-million user base.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Understand the game design and create technical designs based on them.
- Follow and enhance existing development process and set standards.
- Educate other team members on programming issue and concepts.
- Lead the team and Mentor and develop team members.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous leadership experience over managing large teams of programmers.
- Should have worked on multiple games and experienced full lifecycle project delivery including multiple successful mobile games.
- Proven experience in working on an online game that has more than 1 million user base.
- Possess excellent programming skills in Unity3D development using C#.
- Should be very keen to keep the game under the memory requirement and to maintain 60fps.
- Should have very thorough understanding of design patterns like Entity – Component model / MVC pattern.
- Basic Understanding of the Graphics Pipeline, Shaders, 3D Maths.
- Should possess understanding of backend systems, bottlenecks, performance, scaling and optimization.
- Have clear understanding of various protocols like HTTP and knowledge in various backend technologies like PHP, Java is a plus.
- Knowledge of programming languages (C, C++, Objective-C) would be preferred.
- Have basic understanding of large scale databases, NoSQL solutions and knowledge on caching solutions like Memcache, Redis, etc. and various caching techniques.
- Be flexible in organizing the work as per the requirements.
- Ensuring task management for the team and meeting deadlines.
- Should be fluent in English and should hold good communication skills to interact with various teams.
- A passion for creating or playing games and team player.
- Extensive programming experience in games.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in technology would be preferred or any other training or equivalent.