OPMs client is the newest studio in a international group of operations, and are looking for a Lead UI/UX Designer to join their team and to lead development on an unannounced online tactical shooter set in a sci-fi universe.
They are looking for an experienced Lead UI/UX Designer ready to lead a small team, be hands on with implementation and be responsible for the overall delivery of UI and UX throughout this exciting new project.
The successful candidate will be an individual with strong user experience and interface design skills to join a highly motivated team. They are looking for someone who is passionate about what they do and who wants to learn from a great team and mentor those that ask.
- In-depth knowledge of UX principles and their applications
- Experience in formulating and implementing UX strategies
- Strong communication skills as you will be working with key stakeholders to solve problems as well as keeping the production team up to date with progress and any issues that may arise throughout production
- Strong core skills in graphic design, branding and iconography, typography, colour theory and composition
- Expert knowledge of industry standard 2D software, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Proficient understanding of industry standard pipelines and workflows from initial asset creation to implementation within game engine
- Competence of working with Unreal Engine 4 and Unreal Motion Graphics
- Capability in managing and mentoring other artists
- Knowledge of industry standard 3D software, 3DS Max or Maya, Coherent GT would be beneficial
- Experience working with the UE4 blueprints system and common UE4 middleware and Tools
- Knowledge of UE5 would be advantage
- Overseeing the design, production, and implementation of UI/UX for the game
- Improving best practices and UX vision across all areas of the game
- Collaborate with the Art, UI/UX and Design teams to help define features and implement a player focused UI/UX experience
- Work closely with the UI/UX design team to define and implement the games user flows from initial wireframes and prototypes to final in game assets
- Work with Tech Artists and Programming team to help define and implement workflows and pipelines
- Ensure all assets are delivered against agreed technical specifications, to quality and are present and functioning in the game engine as intended
- Make certain all assets meet the games visual style
- Proposing a range of creative UI/UX solutions and ideas
- Working effectively in a collaborative environment
- Troubleshooting systems and implementing design enhancements
- The inspiring challenge of working on a pioneering ambitious project with great co-workers
- An opportunity to learn and grow within an international company
- A multicultural work environment that encourages growth, creativity and innovation
- Free breakfasts, lunches, drinks, and snacks (in the studio)
- A family-friendly work environment with flexible work hours
- 25 days holiday
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!