As a Lead UI Artist, you will be responsible the UI team, ensuring they have the guidance, support and motivation to produce world class game UI. You will oversee and manage a small team of strong creative talent and, through hands-on example, guide them to excellence within their field.
You will serve as the key “go-to” for all UI related issues and will work closely with the Art Director, the Creative Director, the Design department and Programmers.
- Design, create and implement UI components (e.g. inventory screens, icons, HUD elements).
- Manage, mentor, and inspire team members, guiding them with clear direction.
- Collaborate with the Art director and the Creative Director to define the visual quality goals for UI content.
- Lead a team of UI artists, ensuring a visually compelling user interface is implemented across product.
- Collaborate closely with Design department and to ensure all functionality and usability requirements are satisfied.
- Review and feedback on all UI art assets.
- Create inspiring world class UI assets for team guidance and for implementation in-game.
- Ensure all UI assets conform to the defined technical and artistic requirements.
- Work with production staff to manage UI team deliverables, ensuring defined objectives and schedules are met.
- Extensive years professional experience as a UI artist in the games industry or similar in the games industry.
- A strong portfolio displaying relevant UI or equivalent work samples.
- Strong leadership or management experience.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- An extensive understanding of 2D and graphic design aesthetics and design fundamentals.
- A strong interest in games and current gaming UI trends.
- Expert experience with 2D authoring tools such as Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator and After Effects.
- Strong communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams.
- A positive collaborative and professional working attitude.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with 3D is a plus.
- Degree in Graphic Design, UI design, Interactive media or similar is a plus.
- Ability to work in Edinburgh, Scotland.