Job ID: #22309
As a Lead UI Artist, you will be responsible the UI team, ensuring they have the guidance, support and motivation to produce world class game UI. You will oversee and manage a small team of strong creative talent and, through hands-on example, guide them to excellence within their field.
You will serve as the key “go-to” for all UI related issues and will work closely with the Art Director, the Creative Director, the Design department and Programmers.
• Design, create and implement UI components (e.g. inventory screens, icons, HUD elements).
• Manage, mentor, and inspire team members, guiding them with clear direction.
• Collaborate with the Art director and the Creative Director to define the visual quality goals for UI content.
• Lead a team of UI artists, ensuring a visually compelling user interface is implemented across product.
• Collaborate closely with Design department and to ensure all functionality and usability requirements are satisfied.
• Review and feedback on all UI art assets.
• Create inspiring world class UI assets for team guidance and for implementation in-game.
• Ensure all UI assets conform to the defined technical and artistic requirements.
• Work with production staff to manage UI team deliverables, ensuring defined objectives and schedules are met.
• Extensive years professional experience as a UI artist in the games industry or similar in the games industry.
• A strong portfolio displaying relevant UI or equivalent work samples.
• Strong leadership or management experience.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• An extensive understanding of 2D and graphic design aesthetics and design fundamentals.
• A strong interest in games and current gaming UI trends.
• Expert experience with 2D authoring tools such as Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator and After Effects.
• Strong communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams.
• A positive collaborative and professional working attitude.
• Strong English skills, both written and verbal.
• Experience with 3D is a plus.
• Degree in Graphic Design, UI design, Interactive media or similar is a plus.
• Ability to work in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Categories: Art , Creative
Do you have a passion for promoting unique, artistic and creative titles made separate from big studios? If so, then…
If you have a passion for games, know multiple languages and want to help bring games to wider audience, then…
Copyright © 2020 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom