Job ID: #22309
As a Lead UI Artist, you will be responsible the UI team, ensuring they have the guidance, support and motivation to produce world class game UI. You will oversee and manage a small team of strong creative talent and, through hands-on example, guide them to excellence within their field.
You will serve as the key “go-to” for all UI related issues and will work closely with the Art Director, the Creative Director, the Design department and Programmers.
• Design, create and implement UI components (e.g. inventory screens, icons, HUD elements).
• Manage, mentor, and inspire team members, guiding them with clear direction.
• Collaborate with the Art director and the Creative Director to define the visual quality goals for UI content.
• Lead a team of UI artists, ensuring a visually compelling user interface is implemented across product.
• Collaborate closely with Design department and to ensure all functionality and usability requirements are satisfied.
• Review and feedback on all UI art assets.
• Create inspiring world class UI assets for team guidance and for implementation in-game.
• Ensure all UI assets conform to the defined technical and artistic requirements.
• Work with production staff to manage UI team deliverables, ensuring defined objectives and schedules are met.
• Extensive years professional experience as a UI artist in the games industry or similar in the games industry.
• A strong portfolio displaying relevant UI or equivalent work samples.
• Strong leadership or management experience.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• An extensive understanding of 2D and graphic design aesthetics and design fundamentals.
• A strong interest in games and current gaming UI trends.
• Expert experience with 2D authoring tools such as Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator and After Effects.
• Strong communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams.
• A positive collaborative and professional working attitude.
• Strong English skills, both written and verbal.
• Experience with 3D is a plus.
• Degree in Graphic Design, UI design, Interactive media or similar is a plus.
• Ability to work in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Categories: Art , Creative
What do Unchartered, Metal Gear Solid, Mass Effect, The Last of Us, The Witcher, Bioshock and Red Dead Redemption have…
In 1977, the first video game art came from the Atari 2600 (which required a large heaped spoonful of imagination)….
Copyright © 2020 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom