Project: AAA Games
OPMs client is looking for a Lead Texture Artist to join their team based in Middlesbrough
The successful candidate will lead the creation of the textures that add depth and dimension to objects, buildings and environments. You’ll need to understand the texturing process along with its technical and artistic constraints to work on a Major Important RTS IP.
- Shipped at least one title as a Senior or Lead Texture Artist
- An extensive portfolio of Materials at AAA/realistic quality
- Experienced in working with outsourcers
- Expert knowledge in node-based material editors, tiling layered material, shader networks and procedural texturing
- Strong modelling skills required to support any material-based work in Maya, 3DS Max, Blender and/or the equivalent tools
- Advanced understanding of Photoshop, Substance Designer/Painter, and Zbrush
- Demonstrates excellent foundational skills, including composition, design, structure, silhouette, and colour theory
- Has an excellent understanding of the environment art pipeline, dependencies, and overall scope of the project?
- Demonstrates an ability to work with detailed concept art or reference art materials
- Specialising in the creation of a wide variety of 3D character models; from human through to creature and from realistic to stylised
- Work directly with other Leads to keep quality and style consistent across all art assets
- Fully understand and work around existing art pipelines Able to manage, direct and implement any required outsourcing for the projects
- Produce rich materials and shaders that complement and enhance the 3D models
- Reviews work for quality and carry out various supervisory responsibilities
- Capable of owning development of, and delivering, content while leading by example
- Provide direction to Character Artists for aesthetic and technical considerations
- Proactive in finding answers and able to clearly communicate issues and direction to the team
- Works with Production to prioritise work and maintain a clear and consistent schedule
- Upholds a sense of professional ownership, keeps a positive attitude, and ensures tasks are completed to quality
- Able to manage and mentor career development of 3D Artists at various skill levels
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 417!