This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPMs client has been making great games for over 30 years! They have a rich and unrivalled heritage of multiple award-winning AAA games. They are seeking a Lead Technical Artist to join their outstanding studio near Leamington Spa.
The successful candidate will be a key link between the artists and programmers on their latest AAA title. You will take ownership for evolving art pipelines, workflows, and optimisation processes for pioneering console games.
- Professional experience as a Senior or Principal Technical Artist, throughout the full lifecycle of at least two shipped console titles, using current-gen art techniques and processes.
- Professional experience of development on console and PC platforms.
- Professional experience with game engines and toolsets, including Unreal or Unity.
- Professional experience with Physically Based Rendering techniques and processes.
- Understanding of frequently used programming languages such as MaxScript, C# and HLSL.
- Experience with using 3DS Max SDK, Max Script or PyMxs.
- Experience with scripting languages
- Strong 3DS Max and Photoshop skills.
- Be the intermediary between the programming and art disciplines, interpreting the needs of the art team into practical, programmable solutions.
- Defining their content pipelines, budgets, and optimisation processes, for streamlined production and high visual quality.
- Presenting new art and graphical techniques to keep the studio at the cutting edge of computer graphics and advise training requirements.
- Provide solutions and guidance to continuously enhance the visual and technical quality of the assets created and the workflows and productivity of the art teams.
- Utilise script-level programming to build tools for the art team.
- Log and track anomalies and blockers through to removal, identifying & implementing solutions.
- Oversee the Tech Art team to aid and develop their career and skills.
- Liaison with Technical Art throughout the company to share knowledge, find solutions and best practices.
- Coordinate with production to prioritise work and features to maximise benefits.
- Planning and prioritising the tools workload to enhance the reliability and productivity of the projects tool set.
- Help enhance the technical capabilities of content creators throughout the studio.
DESIRED SKILLS (beneficial to have):
- Highly driven and a self-starter.
- Keen eye for detail
- Unrelenting visual critiquing skills
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Great teamwork skills
- Passionate about games and artwork creation.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!