OPMs client is a well-established UK developer based in Guildford, who are seeking a Lead Technical Artist to work on their latest studio title for the next gen.
The successful candidate will be experienced working on published console titles with a strong understanding of commercial industry tools. They will join a dynamic team and work across multiple disciplines, with the focus on pushing the boundaries for quality and efficiency to create a genuine AAA experience.
You will collaborate with all Art and Design teams as well as Engineering to help define and assist flexible content pipelines, work collaboratively on new cutting edge features, whilst always searching for ways they can improve.
- Experience leading a team, or good experience as a senior supporting a lead within a team with the desire to step up to a leadership role
- Good management and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of multiple art and animation pipelines
- Strong experience with shaders, blueprints, vfx and lighting systems within UE4/5 (or similar engine)
- Professional experience in industry standard art tools such as Blender/3DS Max/Maya, Photoshop, Substance
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills and tools relating to this
- Worked on 2 games through the full game production pipeline as a Senior/Lead Technical Artist, preferably AAA titles
- Bachelor’s degree in art, design, technical discipline or other relevant training
- Experience in shader languages, such as HLSL
- Experience in Houdini, Niagara & Ember Gen
- Experience in real-time particle systems
- Lead and manage the technical art team, and guide other artists
- Work with the Art, Creative and Technical Directors on roadmap for the project and planning technical tools, art and support for the team
- Work closely with Graphics Programmers to develop and implement rendering features
- Support the Art Team with their technical needs, liaising with engineering
- Create advanced shaders for environments and vehicles, and post-process effects
- Work with the lighting team to provide technical support/investigations into new lighting features and ray-tracing/lumen along with their interactions with shaders
- Lead optimisations on content for memory and performance but retaining visual quality
- Be aware of potential risks to the project and bring it to the attention of management
- Collaborate with other team leads to identify and develop art production processes and technologies that meet artists’ needs for creating high quality art with limited resources
- Collaborate to decide on the best working practises
- International AAA game projects;
- Access to cutting-edge hardware;
- Employee Assistance Programme (mental health, financial and wellbeing advice)
- Flexible/hybrid working
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415