Job ID: #23959
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Open World Game
This studio is building a world class team of games developers to make an innovative ground-breaking AAA open-world game! They are seeking an experienced Lead Technical Animator with a profound understanding of animation production and an interest in leading the formation of the tools and pipeline for the teams, as well as the creation of complex rigs for a wide range of game assets.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Cinematic & Gameplay Animation Directors to ensure that the technical development for the animation pipeline, tools, and asset setups scale appropriately with the requirements of the teams.
· Extensive experience in a related position with at least one shipped game at Lead level.
· Great understanding of Motion Builder and Maya.
· Solid Python or Mel scripting skills.
· Experience in a variety of programming or scripting languages would be a strong bonus.
· Strong experience creating human body, facial, vehicles and prop rigging.
· Great understanding of cloth simulation.
· Understanding of 3D Math functions – linear algebra & vector maths.
· Extensive background in game development working with animation teams.
· Recognise inefficiencies or pipeline problems and help architect solutions.
· Supervise the team’s workload and prioritise their tasks according to production needs.
· Build proprietary tools and scripts for third party software like Motion Builder and Maya.
· Creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
· Work with lead animators, directors, character artists and the programming team to bridge needs and requirements as well as finding long-term solutions.
· Promote best practices in the team by providing guidance and advice.
· Cooperate in the recruitment process of the Technical Art and Rigging teams.
· Support with VISA and relocation
· Highly competitive salary
· Amazing city location
· Working with a world class team of developers
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!
Categories: Animation , Creative
A Unity Developer brings their software expertise to tasks involving the Unity engine. The Unity engine is a run-time environment…
Now that the United Kingdom has left the European Union, it’s important to know what this means for UK companies…
Copyright © 2021 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom