Job ID: #23959
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Open World Game
This studio is building a world class team of games developers to make an innovative ground-breaking AAA open-world game! They are seeking an experienced Lead Technical Animator with a profound understanding of animation production and an interest in leading the formation of the tools and pipeline for the teams, as well as the creation of complex rigs for a wide range of game assets.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Cinematic & Gameplay Animation Directors to ensure that the technical development for the animation pipeline, tools, and asset setups scale appropriately with the requirements of the teams.
· Extensive experience in a related position with at least one shipped game at Lead level.
· Great understanding of Motion Builder and Maya.
· Solid Python or Mel scripting skills.
· Experience in a variety of programming or scripting languages would be a strong bonus.
· Strong experience creating human body, facial, vehicles and prop rigging.
· Great understanding of cloth simulation.
· Understanding of 3D Math functions – linear algebra & vector maths.
· Extensive background in game development working with animation teams.
· Recognise inefficiencies or pipeline problems and help architect solutions.
· Supervise the team’s workload and prioritise their tasks according to production needs.
· Build proprietary tools and scripts for third party software like Motion Builder and Maya.
· Creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
· Work with lead animators, directors, character artists and the programming team to bridge needs and requirements as well as finding long-term solutions.
· Promote best practices in the team by providing guidance and advice.
· Cooperate in the recruitment process of the Technical Art and Rigging teams.
· Support with VISA and relocation
· Highly competitive salary
· Amazing city location
· Working with a world class team of developers
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!
Categories: Animation , Creative
As part of OPMjobs’ MS-UK 925 Challenge, Jordan and Nathan are running a Warzone Stream to help raise money for…
As part of OPMjobs’ MS-UK 925 Challenge, we are running a Rocket League tournament to help raise money for this…
Copyright © 2021 OPMjobs Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom