Project: AAA Console Games
This prestigious UK developer has an impressive back catalogue of action-packed console and PC games, which have won numerous awards and reached both commercial and critical acclaim. Work is well underway with a new unannounced AAA project and their looking for an experienced Lead Technical Animator who is ready for the challenges of producing world class games.
- Experience rigging games characters with a focus on cinematic quality.
- Experience designing, tooling and maintaining streamlined rigging and animation pipelines.
- Good working knowledge of 3DSMax and Maya is desirable.
- Exceptional ability to lead.
- Experience working in AAA games.
- Experience in leading/managing external teams (outsource) is highly beneficial.
- Able to work well on your own to develop ideas, vision and direction for the team, as well as work as part of the larger team.
- Strong ability of writing clear, detailed documentation.
- Strong animation background.
- Solid working experience of Motion Builder is extremely advantageous.
- UE4 experience is hugely beneficial. Skill with cloth, physics and ragdoll setups is a plus.
- Work closely with the Lead Animator, Cinematic Director, Lead Tech Artist, Lead Character Artists and Lead Environment Artist in ensuring the project vision is shared.
- Responsible for working with the Production team to create schedules/roadmaps for the Tech Animators, delivering across the stages of the project.
- Manage and prioritise the Tech Animators backlogs, bugs and risks in an effective manner, to ensure smooth running of the department throughout the project.
- Meet strict production deadlines/goals, be malleable and have clear strategies for times of change, due to the nature of the schedules.
- Liaise with all key staff to identify workflow issues, process concerns, and toolset requirements in order to further improve function.
- Be a mentor for junior and new members of the Tech Animation team.
- Private family medical care
- Private dental care
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- On-site subsidised Masseuse, Yoga, Life Drawing, Parking & Haircuts
- Quarterly salary adjustment reviews
- Film nights in our Mocap theatre
- Subsidised gym in the office complex