OPM is excited to be working with this leading AAA games developer based in the Netherlands. With over a decade’s experience in the games industry, they have grown into a multicultural team of over 200 people that have strived to achieve technical and artistic excellence in their games.
My client is looking for a Lead Systems Designer to lead an experienced team of Core Designers, responsible for designing the features and systems needed to achieve the vision and pillars defined with the Game Director on a brand new project.
- Supervise, mentor, inspire, and empower your team, set achievable quality standards and guide team members on how to attain them, review work and provide actionable feedback
- Champion the creative process and adopt clear communication and collaboration within the design team and with other multidisciplinary product teams
- Partner closely with the Game Director, Producers, and other Project Leads to ensure Code, Art and Design collaborate in the best possible way for the player experience
- Collaborate with the Data Analytics and Player Research teams to further the understanding of the player experience and quality
- Experience on 1 or more AAA games in a design leadership role with experience in Systems Design (i.e.: mechanics, controls, camera, combat and player progression etc.) for Open World games
- Experience with 3D editing software (Maya, 3DS Max etc.)
- Excellent leadership, mentoring and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to use analytical skills to evaluate game systems and interpret player behaviour data
- Self-motivation, forward-thinking and willing to prototype and pitch ideas to the team
- Openness to constructive criticism, good listening skills and willing to give feedback to others
- Enjoyment of working in agile multidisciplinary teams
- Experience with visual scripting (Unity, Unreal, etc)
- Any experience in other game development disciplines; UI/UX, Art, Audio, Code
What’s on offer?
- Profit share, milestone and discretionary bonuses, collective health insurance and pension scheme
- 25 days’ holiday, commuting allowance and tailored relocation packages for expatriates (including Dutch lessons)
- Training and development opportunities
- On-site cafeteria, discounted products and free games, gym memberships and in-house massages
- Weekly social and regular company events
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary dependant on their skills and experience.
To apply or for further information about the role please contact Emma on +44 (0) 1206214415 or mail a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org