Job ID: #12269
Located in one of the London boroughs, our client is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences.. They are growing the studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for a talented and passionate Core Tech Engineer to help create them.
The studio are well known for their multiplayer combat games that champion team play and are now looking for a Lead Audio Programmer. The Audio Programming team are responsible for creating, extending and maintaining the game audio technology built around Unreal Engine 4. The Audio Programming team work closely with the project's Core Technology team and closely with the Audio and Gameplay teams, providing them with pipelines and tools that will enable them to create high-quality games.
As a Senior Online Services Programmer, you will use your advanced knowledge and experience to own the technical design and implementation of large-scale game features. Through mentoring and championing of best practices, you will provide day-to-day support for more junior members of the team whilst effectively managing your own time and workload through delegation. You will help drive the project forward by working with your discipline lead to plan and maintain roadmaps.
The studio believes that constantly improving their skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular leadership, management and mentoring training opportunities.
• Working with members of multiple disciplines to effectively elicit requirements and translate them into technical designs.
• Identifying and championing best practices within your specialist domain.
• Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
• Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving and highly-focused team.
• Writing clear, maintainable and portable code.
• Communicating ideas, intent and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Strong practical knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
• Strong experience developing online services using Steamworks, PlayStation Network or Xbox Live.
• Experience developing for PlayStation 4 and/or Xbox One.
• The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
• The people skills to work collaboratively within a team.
• Professional experience iteratively implementing gameplay features from inception to delivery.
• Experience mentoring junior team members and providing clear and considered feedback.
• Experience working in all phases of game development, from feature design and implementation to bug-fixing.
• Professional development experience with real-time networked multiplayer games.
• Professional Unreal Engine 4 development experience.
• Have shipped titles on PlayStation 4 and/or Xbox One.
• Experience profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, memory and bandwidth usage.
• Experience in low level networking programming.
Categories: Programming , Technical
As part of OPMjobs’ MS-UK 925 Challenge, we are running a Rocket League tournament to help raise money for this…
As part of OPMjobs’ MS-UK 925 Challenge, we have set up a digital raffle to help raise money for this…
Copyright © 2021 OPMjobs Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom