This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Open World Multiplayer Games
OPM’s client, a developer of popular single and multiplayer multiplatform games, is currently looking for a Lead QA Tester to join their team in Norway. The first project you will work on will be a AAA open-world multiplayer game.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the QA team with superb cross-studio communication, growth-oriented leadership, and a strong grasp on best practices. You will also be directly engaged in the hiring of new members of your team, as well as onboarding and developing them as their manager.
- Extensive experience in a QA or related role in the games industry.
- Strong experience leading/managing a team.
- Strong grasp of QA methodologies and tools, testing standards, and game development cycles.
- Professional experience with automated testing.
- Experience establishing and maintaining test plans for several features and systems.
- Experience with open-world and multiplayer games.
- Experience with the test cycle of a project, through alpha, beta, launch, and maintenance.
- Experience with test and issue management tools, Jira, and if possible Testrail.
- Passionate about leadership and mentoring junior members of the team.
- Effective communication skills across different teams.
- Solid analytical and problem-detection skills, with an ability to work with resolve them.
- Lead the QA team through mentorship while acting as a tactical driver of success, with the ability to directly contribute to team goals.
- Lead the qualitative feedback process from a QA perspective, collecting feedback from the entire team and providing the dev team with appropriate analysis of the results.
- Assist studio-wide playtest process, aligning aims and goals and ensuring capture of the feedback and bugs from all parties.
- Embody QA within the development team.
- Participate in daily development updates with the wider QA team.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the systems and their associated requirements, maintaining them, sharing the details and updates with the wider QA team.
- Perform design testing reviews, ensuring the design is captured and identifying bugs and usability worries before they make it into the game.
- Analyse and troubleshoot reported defects and internal problems.
- Establish and execute team-level quality goals focused on risk management, quality checks, and established KPIs.
- Flexible working schedule
- Relocation assistance
- Healthcare package
- Free gym access
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 01206 214 420