Job ID: #1984
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
OPM are working with an exciting VR studio looking for a talented Lead Programmer who is passionate about creating groundbreaking, state of the art VR and AR games and entertainment.
The lead programmer manages the tech team and all aspects of a project’s technical design, including engine, middleware and game systems. He or she works closely with the technical director and other stakeholders to define a project’s technical approach.
As part of your role, you will:
• Define the technical design for the main elements of a project together with team members
• Identify and help tackle the main risk areas for a project
• Co-operate in setting up the main technical systems for a project together with the team
• Mentor, inspire and motivate the team to meet project quality levels and deadlines
• Co-operate in the overall planning of a project. Be proficient and proactive in organizing and planning
• Work closely with the leads of the other disciplines (Art & Design) and with the producer of the project
Do you have?
• Excellent proficiency in C++ and / or C#
• Extensive game industry experience with experience in a technical lead position and a couple of games shipped
• Great working and technical knowledge of Unreal and / or Unity
• Excellent communication skills in a clear, open, convincing, and inspired manner
• A passion for new technology
• VR projects experience or intimate knowledge of what has been happening in the field so far
• Demonstrable experience working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Very good knowledge of English, both spoken and written
• Experience working in a creative and quality driven environment with enthusiastic colleagues
In return, you will get:
• A great opportunity to learn and share knowledge
• Benefits according to experience and job
• A work-life balance
• Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam
Categories: Programming , Technical
A Unity Developer brings their software expertise to tasks involving the Unity engine. The Unity engine is a run-time environment…
Now that the United Kingdom has left the European Union, it’s important to know what this means for UK companies…
Copyright © 2021 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom