This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Online Tactical Shooter – PC/Console
OPM are proud to be working with a globally recognised developer based in the historic city of Mainz, Germany. This AAA studio are responsible for some of the most successful and well-known IPs in the Games Industry and are seeking a Lead Programme to join development on an upcoming Online Tactical Shooter game.
- Professional experience leading a team in accomplishing development objectives
- Extensive experience in games development, having shipped at least one title
- Professional experience developing with Console SDKs
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Proficient in refactoring and optimising existing systems
- Superb debugging and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of multi-threaded principles
- Able to efficiently work with a robust, existing code base
- Able to plan tasks and dependencies for yourself and team members
- Ensure smooth development & high code quality of game features
- Plan & oversee programming resources and their work
- Coordinate & link different tech areas and stakeholders to ensure comprehensive feature development
- Become the point of contact for technical matters of the project, related to engine, tools, services, APIs
- Detect, solve, and escalate technical risks early and link all engaged parties to resolve them before becoming critical
- Distribute tech information with all project parties to provide high visibility on status quo and development progress
- Spearhead the design and development of architecture and features
- Plan and assess the work performed by the team and evaluate the impact on the project
- Mentor, oversee and frequently review team members to create a cohesive and effective team
- Design, implement and maintain game and engine systems
- Implement and optimise engine systems and game features in C++.
- Establish priorities and plan the roadmap and tasks for team members to achieve objectives set by producers in good time and to high quality.
- Detect risks and opportunities presented during the development and offer solutions to resolve potentially complicated challenges
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Master, Bachelor or equivalent qualification(s) in computer science or engineering
- Flexible working hours.
- External training and education.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Corporate benefits.
- Support for childcare
- Free bike rental.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!