Formed in 2009, our client is a UK-based, full-service independent publisher and developer of interactive digital entertainment.
Are you interested in Helping to create beautiful games, working on their own and other multi-platform game engines, with a diverse range of titles and codebases and having the creative freedom to put your keen interests in games into practice? If so, this position could be the one for you!
Our client are looking for an experienced and/or highly skilled individual. Expectations are high given our clients reputation in the industry. In addition to experience and skill, our client place great emphasis on integrity, working hard and team solidarity.
- Take control of a project and work with an established team to tackle a wide variety of coding tasks, including graphics rendering pipelines, physics, networking, gameplay, UI, AI and optimisation.
- Manage the project code team, assign out tasks and track their progress.
- Assist and mentor junior programmers, oversee the quality of their work.
- Work closely with other departments to create or improve art asset creation and workflow.
- Share knowledge with other members of the programming team.
- The ability to work with more established graphics engines and update them regarding the use of modern rendering techniques.
- Work as part of a small but perfectly formed close-knit team, where your opinion and efforts really count.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to manage a small team of programmers.
- Enthusiasm for programming, technologies and methods and a desire to keep up to date.
- Expert knowledge of the development process and the tools used.
- Excellent C/C++ programming knowledge.
- Excellent math skills.
- An interest in games.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Two or more years of industry experience in a lead or senior programmer role.
- At least two shipped console or PC titles.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of at least one core discipline (Graphics, Physics, Networking, gameplay/AI).
- Experience in profiling and optimization techniques.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible lunch hours
- Personal development plan and annual potential annual performance bonuses
- Vitality Private Healthcare (for you and your family)
- Christmas bonuses
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties
- Additional leave for moving house and birthdays
- Potential relocation package