Our client is an independent studio that designs, develops and publishes Smartphone and Tablet games.
They operate worldwide on a F2P model, via the acquisition, retention and monetization of a sustainable player base whilst insuring their satisfaction, fun and engagement with the virtual world they have built for them to share with their friends. They are a dedicated team with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy being part of a lively, self-motivated, forward thinking company in an exciting and ever-evolving industry.
Lead Programmer will be responsible for leading, developing, motivating and managing a team of programmers while collaborating with other teams on the project.
- Lead and manage a programming team at technical and personnel level.
- Mentor junior programmers in the team and plan their skill development.
- Determine the technical needs for the team to work on a project
- Evaluate the fitness of third party middleware in relation to projects
- Help in setting up best practices for coding and conduct regular code reviews.
- Setup a process to review the game on a regular interval during development cycle and identify areas of improvement.
- Encourage team to create a strong technical document on different development platforms/consoles.
- Setup processes while working in collaboration with other teams (internal or external) to efficiently meet the technical needs of the assigned project.
- Plan and evaluate the work performed by team and analyse the impact on the project.
- Identify risks and opportunities presented during the development of games, providing solutions to resolve potentially complex problems.
- Estimate time to complete programming tasks/objectives and be committed to meet them.
- Support the Producer in people management.
- Support the Technical Director in technology-related tasks.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or the equivalent in experience.
- Extensive experience of programming in C# or C/C++
- Good experience as a team lead
- Extensive relevant experience using the Unity engine, preferably on Mobile games.
- Worked at senior level or higher on at least one shipped title on mobile or console
- Preferably worked on any game console or iOS/Android
- Knowledge of OpenGL, DirectX and Physics Engine.
- Knowledge of Networking API or AWS
- Experience of Android java or iOS objective-c development
- Strong command of 3D maths and physics
- Experience writing shaders
- Experience of developing F2P mobile games and understanding of Live Ops requirements
- Passion for Gaming!