Job ID: #17441
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
OPM are looking for an experienced Tech-Lead to join our team. You will be responsible for organizing and overseeing a team of talented programmers in our current and future projects. You should have the ability to shape a technical vision and work with the programmers to turn it into reality. The Tech Lead will directly help to define the course of development during all its stages.
• Guiding and overseeing our programmers as well as mentoring them
• Coordinating tasks and creating guidelines, including expansive documentation
• Establishing quality benchmarks and demonstrating knowledge
• Remain hands-on with the code
• Playing an active part in the recruitment of new candidates
• Responsible for tools that go along with features; ensure they are useable and appropriate for artists, games, and the engine
• Be forward thinking – able to keep up-to-date on current techniques, research, graphics data, hardware, etc. and integrate them into development
• Extensive experience in games-development
• Exceptional C++ programming skills and experience with multi-threaded programming techniques
• At least two PS4/Xbox One/WiiU/PS3/X360 games shipped, at least one while being involved during the entire development cycle
• Passion for mathematics and complex algorithms
• Good understanding and practical experience of optimization
• Experience managing and leading a team of programmers with various experience levels
• Outstanding verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
• Fluent English
Not required, but a huge plus:
• Additional management qualifications
• Extensive SPU and threading experience
• Substantial DX11, DX12, GNM or Vulkan experience
• Familiarity with a wide range of graphical rendering techniques
• Console experience on multiple major platforms
• Extensive optimization experience with Razor, GPAD, PIX and Spark (and any other relevant profilers)
• Unreal 4 experience
As well as an excellent salary they offer:
• Flexible working hours
• 28 days of holiday
• Competitive salary
• Green office
• Stability of a successful publisher paired with creative freedom of an independent studio
• Skype interview (case-by-case)
• Test-Task (ca. 8 hours, can be spread on two/three days, we will look more at the approach than at the result)
• Ideally on-site interview if possible + presentation of previous work
*Test task Information:
Here is some frequently requested information regarding the test task:
• The program should be written in C++. It should be delivered as source code with associated project files, compatible with the Microsoft Visual C++ or Microsoft Visual C++ Express Edition development environments
• A sample application is provided with the task to help get the applicant started.
• The sample application can be modified or used in any way to complete the task. The applicant is free to upgrade to any version of Visual Studio.
• The core of the application should be written in portable C++ and should not use features of Microsoft's Managed C++.
• All libraries required to compile and run the application should be included in the package uploaded to BFG.
Categories: Programming , Technical
We’re delighted to support Safe In Our World and help bring awareness to the effects and signs of stress and…
For anyone who has a love of gaming, being a video game tester could be your dream job. However, being…
Copyright © 2021 OPMjobs Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom