Job ID: #17441
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
OPM are looking for an experienced Tech-Lead to join our team. You will be responsible for organizing and overseeing a team of talented programmers in our current and future projects. You should have the ability to shape a technical vision and work with the programmers to turn it into reality. The Tech Lead will directly help to define the course of development during all its stages.
• Guiding and overseeing our programmers as well as mentoring them
• Coordinating tasks and creating guidelines, including expansive documentation
• Establishing quality benchmarks and demonstrating knowledge
• Remain hands-on with the code
• Playing an active part in the recruitment of new candidates
• Responsible for tools that go along with features; ensure they are useable and appropriate for artists, games, and the engine
• Be forward thinking – able to keep up-to-date on current techniques, research, graphics data, hardware, etc. and integrate them into development
• Extensive experience in games-development
• Exceptional C++ programming skills and experience with multi-threaded programming techniques
• At least two PS4/Xbox One/WiiU/PS3/X360 games shipped, at least one while being involved during the entire development cycle
• Passion for mathematics and complex algorithms
• Good understanding and practical experience of optimization
• Experience managing and leading a team of programmers with various experience levels
• Outstanding verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
• Fluent English
Not required, but a huge plus:
• Additional management qualifications
• Extensive SPU and threading experience
• Substantial DX11, DX12, GNM or Vulkan experience
• Familiarity with a wide range of graphical rendering techniques
• Console experience on multiple major platforms
• Extensive optimization experience with Razor, GPAD, PIX and Spark (and any other relevant profilers)
• Unreal 4 experience
As well as an excellent salary they offer:
• Flexible working hours
• 28 days of holiday
• Competitive salary
• Green office
• Stability of a successful publisher paired with creative freedom of an independent studio
• Skype interview (case-by-case)
• Test-Task (ca. 8 hours, can be spread on two/three days, we will look more at the approach than at the result)
• Ideally on-site interview if possible + presentation of previous work
*Test task Information:
Here is some frequently requested information regarding the test task:
• The program should be written in C++. It should be delivered as source code with associated project files, compatible with the Microsoft Visual C++ or Microsoft Visual C++ Express Edition development environments
• A sample application is provided with the task to help get the applicant started.
• The sample application can be modified or used in any way to complete the task. The applicant is free to upgrade to any version of Visual Studio.
• The core of the application should be written in portable C++ and should not use features of Microsoft's Managed C++.
• All libraries required to compile and run the application should be included in the package uploaded to BFG.
Categories: Programming , Technical
Our best wishes for a great Christmas and prosperous New Year! We will all be checking our emails periodically over…
With the deadline for the UK leaving the EU fast approaching, it’s important to know what this means for UK…
Copyright © 2021 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom