This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console Games
Our client is a UK-based, full-service independent publisher and developer of interactive digital entertainment, who are currently working on a variety of well-established IPs.
They are seeking an experienced Lead Programmer to join the reputable team. In addition to experience and skill, our client place great emphasis on integrity, working hard and team solidarity.
This is a full-time position based in Middlesbrough, however, can be on-boarded remotely initially due to COVID.
- Strong professional experience in a lead or senior programmer role in the games industry and able to manage a small team of programmers
- Shipped at least two successful console or PC games
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of at least one core discipline such as Graphics, Physics, Networking, gameplay, or AI.
- Professional experience with profiling and optimisation techniques
- Professional experience with multi-threaded programming
- Superb C/C++ programming experience & skills
- Passionate about programming, technologies, and methods, with a desire to keep up to date
- Outstanding knowledge of the development methods and the tools utilised
- Excellent maths skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Passionate about games and the games industry
DESIRED SKILLS (beneficial to have):
- Understanding and experience of game engines such as Unity and Unreal Engine 4
- Understanding and experience of the Universal Windows Platform
- Understanding of a range of special FX techniques
- Understanding of graphics pipelines and hardware
- Familiarity with other programming languages such as C#, LUA, Python etc
- Understanding of project management software such as Hansoft or Jira
- You will take ownership of a project and work with an established team to tackle a broad variety of coding tasks, including graphics rendering pipelines, physics, networking, gameplay, UI, AI and optimisation
- You will oversee the project code team, assign tasks, and track their progress
- You will assist and mentor junior programmers, supervise the quality of their work
- You will collaborate with various departments to build or improve art asset creation and workflow
- You will share knowledge with other members of the programming team
- You will work with more established graphics engines and update them regarding the use of modern rendering techniques
- Flexible working hours
- Vitality Private Healthcare
- Cycle scheme
- Potential relocation package
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 422!