This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client is seeking a Lead Outsourcing Artist to join their passionate and talented team.
The successful candidate will span across a number of art sub-disciplines including Character, Cinematics, Concept, Environment, Prop, Technical, Vehicle, and Weapons.
- Strong professional artist experience with work on several shipped AAA titles
- Art leadership and management experience; ideally in an external capacity.
- Advanced knowledge of standard industry tools like Maya, ZBrush, Substance Packages, Photoshop, and Perforce.
- Experience in: Animation (facial, keyframe, and mocap) Characters (modelling, texturing, rigging, and Skinning). Environment/Vehicles/Weapons (modelling, texturing, and optimisation)
- Advanced knowledge of high-to-low poly pipelines, PBR lighting/material authoring, and can set best practices to reduce visual issues/bugs.
- Good understanding of game engine limitations; memory, GPU, and CPU performance.
- Outstanding spoken, written and diagrammatic communication skills. Fully capable of explaining complex instructions to an external team.
- Capability to work with detailed concept art or reference art/materials when providing support to external teams.
- In-depth understanding of game art and creation processes; for example, high resolution sculpting, UV layout, texturing, and shaders.
- Able to identify risks and issues within any asset creation pipeline (internal and external) and can proactively seek and implement solutions.
- Capable of evaluating and assessing assets from external teams against aesthetic, technical, and time budgets.
- Collaborate with the Art Director to understand and communicate the expectations for visual quality of in-game art with external teams.
- Work closely with the Lead Artist and Art Sub-Discipline Leads to keep quality and style consistent across all outsourced art.
- Communicate with the internal art teams to facilitate the smooth movement of art assets between them and their external teams.
- Collaborate with the Production and LT teams to ensure assets are delivered on time, and to the required aesthetic and technical quality level.
- Support Art Sub-Discipline Leads with authoring of briefs, assets packs, and documentation for external teams.
- Collaborate with game teams to set benchmarks for efficiency and end product quality.
- Sustaining good relationships between the internal and external teams.
- Handling briefing, tracking, and process.
- Making sure strong communication of our game’s art style, needs, and quality expectation – both aesthetically and technically, to our external teams.
- Collaborate with Art Director and Outsourcing Manager to identify, and schedule, assets for external development.
- Set up and document art pipelines, further develop best practices, and continually optimise workflows.
- Writes and/or oversees documentation and briefs for external teams.
- Collaborate with the internal Concept team to ensure concepts are at the right level of quality/detail for briefing external teams.
- Collaborate with art disciplines to ensure that assets are briefed in a timely manner to the external team.
- Organise and prepare asset packs for our external teams.
- Organise and prepare outsource assets for art reviews with the Art Director.
- Manage feedback between the internal art teams and external providers.
- Make sure art assets are made available to the internal art team members, and feedback is made available to the external art team members.
- Participates in project planning and maintains a clear and consistent schedule in conjunction with Production and Outsourcing Manager.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 417!