This vacancy offers a work-from-home start from where you are until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Game Cinematics ________________________________________________________________________________
Our client is an award-winning visual effects studio for feature films, TV series, commercials, games and game trailers. We are looking for an experienced Technical Animator to support their art and animation teams on in-game projects. You will act as the link between clients, pipeline developers and motion capture, ensuring clear communication and consistent high-quality work.
- Experience as a technical animator on AAA games at Senior, Lead or Principal Level
- Experience creating body, face, creature and mechanical rigs
- Understanding of performance/motion capture processes and requirements
- Experience with in-game animation, state machines and a strong understanding of integration requirements
- Expertise with Maya and MotionBuilder, including scripting in Python
- Experience with Git, Perforce, Jenkins and other commonly used versioning/build management software
- Strong team communicator and fluent English speaker, who can communicate clearly and professionally with clients
- Play a vital role during pre-production phases and establish any project-specific technical workflows
- Own the integration of client assets into the pipeline, and conform assets to client requirements
- Identify and report any issues or blockers to producers and take point to solve them together with the client and leads
- Be the technical point of contact for the client, and support the producer and supervisors/leads as/when needed
- Assist the art and animation teams with technical feedback, troubleshooting and problem solving, tools creation and delivery preparations
- Ensure that both final and WIP deliveries comply with client requirements and can be smoothly integrated into their engine
- Own the integration of assets in engine as and when needed
- Assist the pipeline and I.T. teams with build access and setting up any project-specific software, tools and plugins
- Help executive producers and producers in the bidding process and project planning
- Familiarity with 3D modelling, texturing, lighting, shaders, dynamics and similar
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with other art packages such as Houdini and 3Ds Max
- Knowledge and understanding of video editing, video conversion and time codes
- Strong eye for animation
- Work from home start
- Step by Step relocation support including VISA
- A fun, creative, international, and inclusive environment.
- Opportunities for personal growth and professional growth, working on a wide variety of projects with experienced co-workers
- Flexible working hours.
- Pension and Promotion of Health & Fitness allowance
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 425!